PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sergeant David P. Klink is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 24th Air Force; Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Forces Cyber; and Command Chief Master Sergeant, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. He is the enlisted leader for the Air Force's Component Numbered Air Force providing combatant commanders with trained and ready cyber forces that plan and conduct full-spectrum cyberspace operations. Twenty-fourth Air Force and AFCYBER personnel build, operate, secure, defend and extend the Air Force portion of the Department of Defense global network. Joint Force Headquarters–Cyber personnel perform operational planning as part of coordinated efforts to support Air Force Component and Combatant Commanders and, upon the approval of the President and/or the Secretary of Defense, the execution of offensive cyberspace operations. Chief Klink represents more than 15K total force personnel operating from 21 locations worldwide to include two cyberspace wings and the 624th Operations Center, all headquartered at JBSA-Lackland, Texas, as well as the 5th Combat Communications Group at Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
Chief Klink entered the Air Force in July 1992. He has served in various leadership positions throughout the medical group and served as First Sergeant in operations, mission support and maintenance units. Prior to his current assignment, Chief Klink was the Superintendent, Secretary of the Air Force and Chief of Staff Executive Action Group, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
1995 Airman Leadership School, Barksdale AFB, La.
1996 Community College of the Air Force Degree of Applied Science in Dental Laboratory Technology
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2004 Bachelor of Arts in Business Admin./Management, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
2006 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Community College of the Air Force Degree in Human Resource Management/Personnel Admin.
2012 Master’s degree in Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
2012 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Va.
2012 AFSO21 Executive Leadership Course, Dover AFB, DE
2015 Leadership Development Program, Greensboro, N.C.
2015 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. March 1993-Dec 1995, Dental Laboratory Journeyman, 2nd Dental Clinic, Barksdale AFB, La.
2. Dec 1995-Dec 1999, Dental Laboratory Craftsman, 52nd Dental Clinic, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
3. Dec 1999-Nov 2003, Dental Laboratory Craftsman, 89th Dental Clinic, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. Nov 2003-April 2005, NCOIC, Dental Laboratory Flight, 89th Dental Clinic, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. April 2005-July 2006, Superintendent, 89th Dental Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. July 2006-July 2007, First Sergeant, 305th Maintenance Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
7. July 2007-Jan 2008, First Sergeant, 305th LRS, McGuire AFB, N.J.
8. July 2008-July 2009, First Sergeant, 496th Air Base Squadron, Morón AB, Spain
9. July 2009-March 2010, First Sergeant, OIF, 586th Expeditionary LRS, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
10. March 2010-May 2011, First Sergeant, 31st Security Forces Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
11. July 2011-July 2012, Group Superintendent, OEF/New Dawn, 379th MSG, Al Udeid AB Qatar
12. July 2012-July 2014, Superintendent, 436th Mission Support Group, Dover AFB, Del.
11. July 2014-July 2015, Command Chief, 65th Air Base Wing, Lajes Field, Azores
12. July 2015-Aug 2016, Superintendent, HQ AF Executive Action Group, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. Sep 2016-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Twenty-Fourth Air Force; Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Forces Cyber; and Command Chief Master Sergeant Joint Force HQ-Cyber, Joint Base San Antonio–Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with seven oak leaf clusters
1995 Below-the-Zone Promotion to Senior Airman
2001 89th Dental Squadron, NCO of the Year
2003 89th Dental Squadron, SNCO of the Year
2003 89th Medical Group, SNCO of the Year
2003 89th Air Wing, SNCO of the Year
2003 AMC Dental, SNCO of the Year
2005 89th Dental Squadron, SNCO of the Year
2005 89th Medical Group, SNCO of the Year
2005 AMC Dental, SNCO of the Year
2007 305th Mission Support Group, First Sergeant of the Year
2010 86th Operation Group, Lance P. Sijan Winner
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant May 1, 2011
(Current as of September 2016)