PRINT | E-MAIL
Robert H. Cole is Executive Director, 24th Air Force, Air Combat Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. In this position, Mr. Cole serves as the cyber plans, programming and policy advisor to the Commander in his/her role as the Air Force Network Operations Commander, Commander Air Forces Cyber and Commander Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber (AF) to United States Cyber Command.
Mr. Cole provides expert and high-level leadership for operations, especially on issues requiring broad-based and multi-disciplinary understanding of cyberspace policy, doctrine and capabilities. He leads and facilitates program planning and operations that require intensive collaboration among internal and external cyber partners to include Department of Defense and other Federal Government agencies, foreign allies and elements of Counterintelligence and the Defense Industrial Base.
1987 Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
1988 Initial Communications-Computer Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Advanced Communications-Computer Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1999 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
2006 United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
2006 Master of Science Degree in Strategic Studies, United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
2010 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. January–May 1988, Student, communications officer course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. May 1988–August 1992, Computer Design Engineer, Phillips Laboratory, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
3. August 1992–August 1996, Lead Engineer, Computer Systems, Defense Plant Representative Office, Defense Logistics Agency, Air Force Plant #4
4. August 1996–July 1999, Command and Control Flight Commander, 55th Computer Systems Squadron, Chief of Systems, 755th Communications Squadron, and Information Systems Flight Commander, 55th Communications Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. July 1999–June 2000, Chief, Command & Control Communications Networks and Chief, Mission Systems Division, Directorate of Communications and Information, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. June 2000–July 2001, Executive Officer to Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
7. July 2001–May 2003, Commander, 35th Communications Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
8. May 2003–July 2005, Multinational Information Sharing Action Officer, Joint Staff (J-6); later Executive Officer to the Vice Director, Joint Staff, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2005–June 2006, Student, United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
10. June 2006–July 2008, Commander, 1st Communications Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
11. July 2008–July 2009, Deputy Director, Communications, HQ USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. July 2009–June 2010, Director of Communications, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
13. June 2010–June 2012, Commander, 49th Mission Support Group, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
14. June 2012–October 2014, Chief, Cyber Operations, Plans and Exercises Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. October 2014–October 2017, Director, Air Forces Cyber Forward, 24th Air Force with duty location at Fort Meade, Md.
16. February 2018–Present, Executive Director, 24th Air Force, Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
(Current as of February 2018)